- “Complements and Substitutes in Sequential Auctions: The Case of Water Auctions” (Appendix), with Javier Donna, The RAND Journal of Economics, 2018, Vol. 49, No 1, pp 87-127.
- “Institutional Inertia: Persistent Inefficient Institutions in Spain,” The Journal of Economic History, 2017, Vol. 77, No 3, pp 692-723.
- “The Long-Term Effect of Health Insurance on Near-Elderly Health and Mortality,” with Bernard Black, Eric French, Kate Litvak, 2017, American Journal of Health Economics, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp 281-311.
- “Can we learn from the past? Four hundred years of changes in adaptation to floods and droughts. Measuring the vulnerability in two Hispanic cities,” with Salvador Gil-Guirado andMaría Del Rosario Prieto , Climatic Change, 2016, Vol. 139, pp 183-200.
- “The Illiquidity of Water Markets” (Appendix) with Javier Donna, second revision requested by Econometrica
Work in Progress
“Let the Punishment Fit the Criminal,” with Javier Donna
“Efficient Mechanisms with Liquidity Constrained Agents,” with Laura Doval
“War Games,” with Jorge Catepillan
“Playing Checkers in Chinatown,“ with Santiago Truffa
“Praying in the Desert,” with Salvador Gil-Guirado
“Sympathy for the Devil,” with Salvador Gil-Guirado
“Experimental Persuasion,” with Ian Ball
Reviews and Other Research
“Dissertation Summary of ‘The Illiquidity of Water Markets,’” Journal of Economic History Vol. 76, No. 2, pp 616-618.
Book Review for “Lending to the Borrower from Hell: Debt, Taxes, and Default in the Age of Philip II, by Mauricio Drelichman and Hans-Joachim Voth,” Business History Review, Vol. 89, No. 3, pp 588-590.
Book Review for “The Commons in History: Culture, Conflict and Ecology, by Derek Wall,” Journal of Economic History, March 2015, Vol. 75, No. 1, pp 270-272.
“The Institutional Revelation: A Comment on Douglas W. Allen’s The Institutional Revolution”(with Joel Mokyr), The Review of Austrian Economics, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp 375-381.